Recruitment and Retention
Medical Director Queens & Kings - 0.6 FTEHealth PEI is seeking a dynamic physician leader for the position of Medical Director Queens & Kings to provide medical leadership and expertise for physicians in the Queens and Kings Primary Care Networks, Kings County Memorial Hospital, and Souris Hospital. The Medical Director is expected to develop and demonstrate the capabilities of a leader as defined in the "LEADS" capability framework; Lead Self, Engage Others, Achieve Results, Develop Coalitions, and Systems Transformation.
The position reports directly to the Chief and Chief Administrative Officer of Family and Community Medicine & Hospital Services West for primary care issues, and the Chief and Chief Administrative Officer of Emergency Health Services, Long Term Care, and Hospital Services East for acute care issues.
QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, knowledge):
- License (or eligibility for same) to practice medicine in Prince Edward Island
- Experience in medical administration and additional training in physician management (PMI or similar courses) or equivalent management education
- A broad understanding of health care, involvement in acute care and managing the complex issues in the continuum of care
- Broad knowledge, background and interest and experience in clinical practice and use of best practice guidelines
- Experience in management of quality initiatives using principles of quality management and implementing change
- Working knowledge of Health PEI Medical Staff By-Laws and Master Agreement between the Medical Society of PEI, Government of PEI and Health PEI
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The successful candidate, a well respected clinician and medical leader, will possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and will be effective at engaging physicians, and leading change and innovation. A collaborative, participatory leadership style is essential. This position will assist Health PEI to accomplish its goals and objectives and will ensure effective policy improvement, human resource management, and quality monitoring and improvement.
This position is 0.6 FTE.
Applications will be accepted until September 15, 2017. Please submit CV and cover letter to Calleen Gillis, Recruitment & Retention Secretariat, P.O. Box 2000, Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8 or by email at email@example.com.