Recruitment and Retention
Family Physician - West Prince - O'Leary
THE POSITION: PermanentThe Physician will work in a collaborative practice in the O’Leary Health Centre, located in the West Prince Primary Care Network.
The O’Leary Health Centre team includes a Family Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care Nurses, Diabetes Educators and administrative staff who work together to provide holistic care and positive patient outcomes.
16 Garfield Street
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
HOURS OF WORK:
- A salaried physician will be required to work 7.5 hours per day/37.5 hours/week
- General family medicine practice
- Participate in a call schedule at Western Hospital, Alberton and Community Hospital, O’Leary. There is approximately 25 km traveling distance between these two facilities
- May participate in a call schedule to provide emergency department services at Western Hospital which transitions to Collaborative Emergency Care from 8 pm to 8 am
- Physicians have the option of choosing salary or fee-for-service payment modality
- Salary range: $148,499 - $160,252
- For additional information on salary model, benefits package, and tariff of fees, go to MASTER AGREEMENT
- Return-In-Service Grant and Moving Expense Allowance are available
- Opportunity to teach with the Family Medicine Residency Training Program with faculty appointment with Dalhousie Medical School
- Electronic Health Record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office
- Other incentives as per the MASTER AGREEMENT
- Physicians must possess MCCEE, MCCQE Part 1 and MCCQE Part II as well as at least 1-2 years of clinical experience working in Canada
- CCFP physicians will be given priority
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island
- Work experience preferable
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
O’Leary is most famous for being one of the productive potato farming regions in Prince Edward Island and home to the Canadian Potato Museum. O’Leary is located in Prince County in the western portion of PEI .
To drive to O’Leary one can take the North Cape Coastal Drive — a beautiful and natural coastal drive to view the Island’s white and red sand beaches; towering red sandstone capes; and essential coastal stops to breathe in the breathtaking views.
For More information:
Manager, Primary Care Network - West
Send C.V. to:
Sheila MacLean, Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8