Recruitment and Retention
Family Physicians (3) - Charlottetown
Health PEI is seeking three full-time permanent Primary Care Family Physicians to work in Charlottetown.
Two positions are in the Queens West Primary Care Network. One position starts immediately and the other starts in July, 2018. The other position is in the Queens East Primary Care Network and starts in June 2018.
Networks are composed of family physicians, nurse practitioners, primary care registered nurses, diabetes educators, social workers, dietitians, nursing and administration staff. Physicians can choose between two different payment modalities: salary or fee for service.
16 Garfield Street
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
• General family medicine practice
• Required to cover hospital inpatients
• Participate in an on-call schedule at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, a 243 bed acute care referral hospital. The physician will be required to possess hospital privileges at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
HOURS OF WORK
37.5 hours/week (for salaried physicians)
• If the physician chooses a salary payment modality, there is an expectation that he/she will assume responsibility for the number of patients according to Health PEI panel policy. Salary range is 148,499 – 160,252.
• If the physician chooses a fee-for-service payment modality, he/ she will be required to bill as per the Tariff of Fees in the Master Agreement.
• On-call services provided outside of salaried hours are paid on a fee-for-service basis.
• For additional information on salary model, benefits package, and Tariff of Fees go to Master Agreement
• Moving Expense Allowance is available.
• Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program and faculty appointment at Dalhousie University.
• Electronic medical record system (hospital based) where the physician has access to hospital lab and x-ray reports from the office.
• Physicians must possess MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II, as well as minimum of 1-2 years of clinical experience working in Canada.
• They must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island.
• Preference will be given to candidates with CCFP.
ABOUT THE AREA:
Charlottetown is the vibrant seaside capital city of Prince Edward Island, with over 34,000 residents. Known as the "Birthplace of Confederation," after hosting the historic 1864 Charlottetown Conference. Downtown Charlottetown is known as a clean and safe family community. Charlottetown has much to offer—including restaurants, pubs, cafes, arts and culture, theatre, festivals, shopping, etc. And while even in the heart of the city, you are never far from an Island beach or golf course. Come Live Island Style.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Queens West Primary Care Network Manager
Telephone: (902)368-6932 or (902)621-3047
Queens East Primary Care Network Manager
TO APPLY SEND C.V. TO:
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Department of Health and Wellness
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PEI C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902)368-6302 Fax: (902)620-3875