Recruitment and Retention
Psychiatrist - General/GeriatricHealth PEI is seeking a full-time Psychiatrist to provide inpatient and outpatient services.
Fellowship or interest in Geriatric Psychiatry will be an asset.
16 Garfield Street
P.O. Box 2000
PE C1A 7N8
HOURS OF WORK:
• 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. for 37.5 hours per week
• Participation in the on-call schedule as defined by the specialty service
• Participation in ECT rotation
• This position will potentially include involvement in resident and medical student training as well as potential for academic appointment
• Physicians have the option of choosing salary or fee for service payment modality.
• For the salary model, go to the Master Agreement between the Medical Society of PEI, Health PEI and the Government of PEI which can be found on Medical Society of PEI website.
• $40,000 Return-in-Service grant for three years of committed practice
• Moving allowance - minimum of $5,000 and maximum of $10,000 attached to a three year return-in-service commitment.
• Opportunity to teach medical students and residents with faculty appointment from Dalhousie Medical School
• Electronic patient record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
• CPOE - computerized provider order entry system
• Must have Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada eligibility or certification
• Subspecialty experience in Geriatric Psychiatry will be an asset
• Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island
Please forward your CV and Letter of Interest to:
Dr. Heather Keizer, Chief
Mental Health & Addictions, Health PEI
P.O. Box 1929
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N5
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8