Recruitment and Retention
Internist - Respirologist
THE POSITION: Permanent
Health PEI is seeking a permanent full-time Respirologist to join the Department of Internal Medicine in Charlottetown. The physician shall join a group of 11 Internists providing coverage for provincial referrals.
16 Garfield Street
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, C1A 7N8
HOURS OF WORK:
37.5 hours per week
- The applicant will be expected to provide general respirology subspeciality care as a consultant physician. He/she will service the province as a referral based specialist. The physician is expected to participate in general internal medicine on-call services including ICU/CCU coverage at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital as outlined by the Department of Internal Medicine. The Queen Elizabeth Hospital is a 243 bed tertiary care referral hospital. The Internal Medicine Department is a multi-disciplinary department consisting of a core of 4-5 general Internists with additional Cardiology, Respirology, Neurology, Nephrology, and Rheumatology sub-speciality support.
The ICU (8-10 beds) currently operated in an open fashion (under review).
There is an associated but separate Progressive Care (Cardiac monitoring) Unit.
- Fee for Service or salary payment modalities. For more information regarding benefits provided under the salary model and Tariff of Fees, go to the Master Agreement
- Moving allowance - minimum of $5,000 and maximum of $10,000.
- Opportunity to teach medical students and residents with faculty appointment from Dalhousie Univeristy Medical School.
- Successful candidate must have eligibility or certification in Internal Medicine with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island.
- Sub-speciality in Respirology required.
Dr. Bruce Jones, Chief
Department of Internal Medicine
Queen Elizabeth Hospital
P.O. Box 6600
Charlottetown, PE C1A 8T5
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Department of Health and Wellness
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8