Recruitment and Retention
Pediatrician - CharlottetownThe Position - Permanent
Health PEI is seeking a full-time Pediatrician to join a team with a complement of five full time pediatricians to work at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Charlottetown, PEI.
16 Garfield Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Hours of Work
• A salaried physician will be required to work 8:00 am – 4:00 pm / 37.5 hours per week
The Pediatrician will be responsible for providing consultative pediatric care to patients ranging in age from prenatal up to and including age 16. Patients are seen on referral only, primarily from family physicians and nurse practitioners in central and eastern parts of the province. The Pediatrician will provide a wide range of general pediatric services, including care for sick newborns and premature newborns down to a gestational age of 32 weeks. The gestational age is expected to be lowered in the near future.
• Participation in the on-call services as defined by the Department of Pediatrics (1 in 5) at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, a 243 bed facility.
• The Physician shall have the option of choosing salary or fee-for-service payment modality. Salary range is $204,280 - $236,200 plus benefits. On call services are paid on a fee for service basis over and above the base salary.
• For salary model and benefit package offered, as well as Tariff of Fees, see the Master Agreement (currently under negotiation)
• For additional information regarding payment modalities, contact the Physician Recruitment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Opportunity to teach medical students and residents with faculty appointment from Dalhousie Medical School.
• Electronic Health Record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
• Must have Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada eligibility or certification as a Pediatrician.
• Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island.
About the area
Charlottetown is the vibrant seaside capital city of Prince Edward Island, with over 34,000 residents. Known as the "Birthplace of Confederation," after hosting the historic 1864 Charlottetown Conference. Downtown Charlottetown is known as a clean and safe family community. Charlottetown has much to offer—including restaurants, pubs, cafes, arts and culture, theatre, festivals, shopping, etc. And while even in the heart of the city, you are never far from an Island beach or golf course. Come Live Island Style.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Kathy Bigsby, Chief of Pediatrics, Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Submit CV to:
Sheila MacLean, RPR
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8