Recruitment and Retention
Family Practice Opportunity - CornwallTHE POSITION
Health PEI is seeking one full-time permanent salaried family physician to work in a collaborative model with Nurse Practitioners or one full-time fee-for-service family physician to assume a practice in the town of Cornwall.
The physician shall be responsible to cover hospital inpatients and participate in an on-call schedule at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, a 274 bed acute care referral hospital. The physician will be required to possess hospital privileges at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
HOURS OF WORK
37.5 hours/week if salaried
• If the physician chooses a salary payment modality, there is an expectation that he/she will assume responsibility for 1500 patients within a two year practice period. If this roster is not attained within the time period required, the physician will convert to a fee-for-service payment modality. Salary range is 147,320 - 158,980.
• If the physician chooses to take on the entire practice as a fee-for-service physician, he/ she will be required to bill as per the Tariff of Fees in the Master Agreement (currently under negotiations) between the Medical Society of Prince Edward Island, Health PEI and the Government of PEI.
• For additional information on salary model, benefits package, and Tariff of Fees, go to Master Agreement
• Return in Service grant and Moving Expense Allowance are available.
• Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program and faculty appointment at Dalhousie University.
• Electronic medical record system (hospital based) where the physician has access to hospital lab and x-ray reports from the office.
• Physicians must possess MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II, as well as minimum of 1-2 years of clinical experience working in Canada.
• They must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island.
• Preference will be given to candidates with CCFP.
ABOUT THE AREA:
Located in Queens County, Prince Edward Island, Cornwall is a town with a population of just over 5,000 and is located just minutes from Charlottetown. Cornwall is a young, vibrant, and up-and-coming town—perfect for families who prefer suburban living with close amenities and short commute to the city capital and other major points of access to and from the Island.
FOR INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Department of Health and Wellness
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PEI C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902)368-6302 Fax: (902)620-3875