Recruitment and Retention
Locum - Family Physician - Montague and Souris
Locum Family Medicine Physician for Spring 2017. The physician will work from the Montague Health Centre located in the town of Montague and from the Eastern Kings Health Centre co-located in the Souris Hospital.
16 Garfield Street
P.O. Box 2000
Hours of Work
- 7.5 hours per day / 37.5 hours per week
- In addition to the clinic practice in Montague, the physician may be responsible for in-patient care (in Kings County Memorial Hospital and Souris Hospital), and may work in the Emergency Department at Kings County Memorial Hospital.
- Physicians will be paid on a contract for services basis with a requirement of 37.5 hours of work per week. Contract hourly rate is $94.10-$100.86. Oncall coverage will be paid on a fee for service basis. For further information, follow the link to the Master Agreement between the Medical Society of Prince Edward Island, Health PEI and the Government of Prince Edward Island
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare.
- Coverage of licensing fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI and the Medical Society of PEI.
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June-September and $150/day worked October-May. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend Form to receive these funds. The total yearly maximum is $7,500 calculated on a fiscal year basis.
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodations are the responsibility of the physician.
- Physicians must possess MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II, as well as at least 1-2 years of clinical experience working in Canada.
- CCFP physicians will be given priority.
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island.
- Work experience preferable.
Sheila MacLean, Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8