Recruitment and Retention
Family Physicians (2)- Kensington Health Centre - Kensington
Health PEI is seeking TWO full time permanent salaried (37.5 hours per week) Family Physicians for the Kensington Health Centre located in the town of Kensington. The Kensington Health Centre has a collaborative team of health care professionals including family physicians, a nurse practitioner, registered nurses, diabetes educators, licensed practical nurses, community registered dietitian and administrative staff.
16 Garfield Street
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
This is a family medicine collaborative care practice. The physician shall be responsible to cover hospital inpatients and participate in an on-call schedule at the Prince County Hospital, a 110 bed acute care referral hospital located in the city of Summerside located thirteen kms away. The Physician will be required to possess hospital privileges at the Prince County Hospital.
- This is a salaried position. Salary Range $147,320 - $158,980 plus benefits.
- On call coverage paid on a fee for service basis over and above base salary.
- For additional information on salary model and benefits package, go to MASTER AGREEMENT (currently under negotiations) between the Medical Society of Prince Edward Island , Health PEI and the Government of PEI
- Return in service grant and moving allowance available with a return for three years of service.
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Family Medicine Residency Training Program with faculty appointment with Dalhousie Medical School.
- Electronic Medical Record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
- Other incentives as per the MASTER AGREEMENT (currently under negotiation).
- Physician must possess MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II as well as at least 1-2 years of clinical experience working in Canada.
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island.
- Work experience preferable.
- CCFP physicians will be given priority.
About the community:
Kensington, a town conveniently located near Prince Edward Island’s picturesque North Shore, is known for its quality of life and its quaint and protective nature to live and raise a family. Kensington has access to affordable housing, great schools (K-12), shopping and dining, community surroundings, and an abundance of green space. Its close proximity to Cavendish (15 minutes), Summerside (10 minutes), and the Charlottetown (40 minutes to city capital) allows for short commutes while living in a tranquil and peaceful town.
For more information:
Manager, East Prince Primary Care Network
Send C.V. to:
Sheila MacLean, Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8