Recruitment and Retention
Family Physician - West Prince: Alberton
THE POSITION: Permanent
- The Physician will work in a collaborative practice in the Alberton Health Centre, located in the West Prince Primary Care Network.
- The Alberton Health Centre team includes a Family Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care Nurses, Diabetes Educators and administrative staff who work together to provide holistic care and positive patient outcomes.
16 Garfield Street
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
HOURS OF WORK:
- A salaried physician will be required to work 7.5 hours per day/37.5 hours/week
- General family medicine practice
- Coverage of hospital inpatients at Western Hospital located in the town of Alberton
- Participate in a call schedule at Western Hospital
- May participate in a call schedule to provide emergency department services at Western Hospital which has transitioned to a Collaborative Emergency Centre.
- Physicians have the option of salary or fee-for-service payment modality. Salary range: $147,320 - $158,980.
- For additional information on salary model and benefits package, go to MASTER AGREEMENT (currently under negotiations) between the Medical Society of Prince Edward Island , Health PEI and the Government of PEI
- Return-In-Service Grant and Moving Expense Allowance are available.
- Opportunity to teach with the Family Medicine Residency Training Program with faculty appointment with Dalhousie Medical School.
- Electronic Health Record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
- Other incentives as per the MASTER AGREEMENT (currently under negotiation).
- Physicians must possess MCCEE, MCCQE Part 1 and MCCQE Part II as well as at least 1-2 years of clinical experience working in Canada. CCFP physicians will be given priority.
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island.
- Work experience preferable.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
Alberton, a fishing, farming, and business community, is a town nestled in Prince County on the northwest shore of Prince Edward Island. Alberton is known for its arts and culture (its murals provide this constant reminder), events, and businesses, and is minutes away from Northport Harbour
To drive to Alberton, one can take the North Cape Coastal Drive — a beautiful and natural coastal drive to view the Island’s white and red sand beaches; towering red sandstone capes; and essential coastal stops to breathe in the breathtaking views.
For More information:
Manager, Primary Care Network - West
Send C.V. to:
Sheila MacLean, Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8