Recruitment and Retention
Family Physician - Locum Opportunities - West Prince
- There are opportunities for locum work in family medicine in the West Prince Health Network.
16 Garfield Street
P.O. Box 2000
PE C1A 7N8
- There is a requirement for inpatient care as well as participation in a call group for weekend inpatient care. The physician will be required to possess privileges in the hospital in which coverage is provided.
- The Physician shall be paid on a contract for services basis with a requirement of 37.5 hours of work per week. Emergency Room coverage and on-call for hosptial inpatients are paid in addition to the hourly rate. Contract hourly rate is $92.41 - $99.03, 37.5 hours per week.
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare.
- Coverage of licensing fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI and the Medical Society of PEI.
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June - September and $150/day worked October - May. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend form to receive these funds.
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodation are the responsibility of the physician.
- Physicians must possess MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II, as well as a minimum of 1-2 years of clinical experience working in Canada.
- They must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island.
- International Medical Graduates who have an interest should contact the Physician Recruitment Coordinator at email@example.com to discuss licensure requirements.
Sheila MacLean, RPR
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Telephone: 902.368.6302 Cell: 902-314-9762