Recruitment and Retention
Psychiatrist (Forensic/General) - Charlottetown
THE POSITION: Permanent
- Health PEI is seeking a full-time Psychiatrist to provide inpatient and outpatient services.
- Fellowship or interest in Forensic Psychiatry will be an asset.
16 Garfield Street
P.O. Box 2000
PE C1A 7N8
HOURS OF WORK:
- 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. for 37.5 hours per week
- Participation in the on-call schedule as defined by the specialty service
- Participation in ECT rotation
- This position will potentially include involvement in resident and medical student training as well as potential for academic appointment
- Physicians have the option of choosing salary or fee for service payment modality.
- For the salary model, follow the link to the Master Agreement between the Medical Society of Prince Edward Island and the Government of PEI: MASTER AGREEMENT
- Return-in-Service Grant and Moving Expense Allowance are available.
- Opportunity to teach medical students and residents with faculty appointment from Dalhousie Medical School.
- Electronic patient record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
- CPOE - computerized provider order entry system
- Must have Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada eligibility or certification
- Subspecialty experience in Forensic Psychiatry will be an asset
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island
Please forward your CV and Letter of Interest to::
Dr. Heather Keizer, Chief
Mental Health & Addictions, Health PEI
P.O. Box 1929
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N5
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8