Recruitment and Retention
Family Practice Opportunity - Charlottetown
JOB DUTIESThe physician shall be responsible to cover hospital inpatients and participate in an on-call schedule at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, a 274 bed acute care referral hospital. The physician will be required to possess hospital privileges at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
37.5 hours/week if salaried
HOURS OF WORK
• If the physician chooses a salary payment modality, there is an expectation that he/she will assume responsibility for 1500 patients within a two year practice period. If this roster is not attained within the time period required, the physician will convert to a fee-for-service payment modality. Salary range is 147,320 - 158,980.
• If the physician chooses to take on the entire practice as a fee-for-service physician, he/ she will be required to bill as per the Tariff of Fees in the Master Agreement (currently under negotiations) between the Medical Society of Prince Edward Island, Health PEI and the Government of PEI
• For additional information on salary model, benefits package, and Tariff of Fees go to Master Agreement
• Moving Expense Allowance is available.
• Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program and faculty appointment at Dalhousie University.
• Electronic medical record system (hospital based) where the physician has access to hospital lab and x-ray reports from the office.
• Physicians must possess MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II, as well as minimum of 1-2 years of clinical experience working in Canada.
• They must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island.
• Preference will be given to candidates with CCFP.
ABOUT THE AREA:
Charlottetown is the vibrant seaside capital city of Prince Edward Island, with over 34,000 residents. Known as the "Birthplace of Confederation," after hosting the historic 1864 Charlottetown Conference. Downtown Charlottetown is known as a clean and safe family community. Charlottetown has much to offer—including restaurants, pubs, cafes, arts and culture, theatre, festivals, shopping, etc. And while even in the heart of the city, you are never far from an Island beach or golf course. Come Live Island Style.
FOR INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Department of Health and Wellness
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PEI C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902)368-6302 Fax: (902)620-3875